The Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm and Tours Facilities are Located on the Island of Kona, Hawaii
The aqua-farm facilities are on the west coast of the island and in close proximity to the Kona International Airport. Tours of the seahorse farm are given daily, subject to availability and holidays. There is a gift shop on site.
Tickets for the Ocean Rider Farm Tours may be purchased on-line within this website – seahorse.com.
Ocean Rider Physical Address – For the Seahorse Farm Tours
73-4388 Ilikai Place
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
(The Big Island)
The Seahorse Farm is located at 73-4388 Ilikai Place within the Hawaii Ocean Science Technology Park ( also known as the Natural Energy Lab and/or OTEC). From Queen Kaahumanu Highway ( Highway 19) turn towards the ocean onto Kahilhili Street, then go right onto Makako Bay Drive. Continue on this road about 1.5 miles, then turn left towards the ocean onto Ilikai Place. We are on the right-hand side along the oceanfront. Please arrive 15 minutes early and give yourself an extra 10 minutes of drive time to accommodate for unexpected delays. There are seahorse signs on Makako Bay Drive to direct you to the farm. Please look at our map to see where we are located.
Using a GPS? Our location is 19.723010 N and 156-056460 W
Directions To Ocean Rider From the Kona International Airport
From the Kona International Airport, go South and take your first right towards the ocean onto Kahilhili Street, then go right onto Makako Bay Drive. Continue on this road about 1.5 miles, then turn left towards the ocean onto Ilikai Place. We are on the right-hand side along the oceanfront. Please arrive 20 minutes early and give yourself an extra 10 minutes of drive time to accommodate for unexpected delays due to the highway construction. There are small seahorse signs on Makako Bay Drive but they are small due to sign law restrictions imposed by the county. If you get lost just call us or check the websites seahorse.
Directions To Ocean Rider From Town
From Town, head North towards the Kona International Airport and turn left at the traffic light at Kahilihili Street following the signs to the Ocean Technology Park. This light is the turn before the airport. Follow the directions above. There are small seahorse signs on Makako Bay Drive but they are small due to sign law restrictions imposed by the county.
If you get lost just call us at 808-329-6840.
Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm Tours
- This is a guided tour that is personable, highly educational, interactive and fun! You will actually be able to touch and feed the seahorses!
- The Tour lasts about 60 minutes so please wear good walking shoes and a hat!
- Since we are a working seahorse farm we are usually very busy taking care of the seahorses in the mornings. Tour times are Mon – Fri at 10AM, 12PM and 2PM except for low season (May and September) when there is only one tour per day which is at Noon.
- Tickets can be purchased at the gate or online at seahorse.com.
- Please call for current rates and times. Reservations are recommended. Walk ins are accepted if space is available.
- Private Tours – If you would like to schedule a private tour or wish to make a tax deductible contribute to help save the seahorse from extinction, please call 808-329-6840 or visit the Seahorse Hawaii Foundation.
Things To Do Kona (The Big Island)
Other activities that are close by include the Kaloko-Honokohau National Historic Park, and a walk along Ka hu Mo Olio Beach (seahorse farm beach) right in front of the seahorse farm. A good place for lunch while waiting for your tour is the Pine Trees Cafe.
The “Big Island” is also well known for it’s pristine ocean, with amazing visibility (100’+) and spectacular diving and snorkeling. Manta ray dives, snorkeling and surfing are just some of the activities you can enjoy 365 days a year.