By Purchasing Livestock and/or Dry Goods from Ocean Rider®, You Agree to the Following Terms and Policies
Ocean Rider has been farming seahorses on our 3 acre farm for over 8 years. No one in the business ships more successfully or has better animals than Ocean Rider does. If you follow our advice and respect our policies you will be a happy seahorse owner for years to come!
Because our truly tropical, farm raised sea horses are rare, exotic and endangered Ocean Rider takes great care and time to hand raise your pets and in the personalized packaging of your pets. Please help us to assure that your exotic pets have a happy and long life by making sure your tank is cycled properly before stocking, that your aquarium water quality parameters are within acceptable ranges, and that you follow our acclimation, care and feeding instructions. We recommend that you join our free technical support club located on the home page of seahorse.com for 24/7 technical support.
Ocean Rider® makes every effort to keep the shipping charges as low as possible without jeopardizing the health of your new pets, feeds, and plants. The use of very sophisticated packing techniques using FedEx overnight service guarantees that your pet has a safe trip.
Because of our excellent packing techniques and the extreme high health and hardiness of our seahorses you do not have to worry about live arrival because they will ARRIVE ALIVE — WE GUARANTEE IT!!! Terms must be followed exactly to qualify.
Ocean Rider Mustangs®, Sunbursts®, Fire Reds®, Gigantes®, Brazileros®, Mo'olios® Pintos®, and Pixies® are proprietary lines that are a registered trade mark ® Offspring cannot be sold or traded. There are NO exceptions to this policy.Violators will be prosecuted. If the item(s) you order are out of stock, or if there is a reserve waiting list we will notify you.
You will be happy to know that the Ocean Rider Aquafarm maintains a certified "high health" status by the State of Hawaii.We will send you a certificate of authenticity and high health with your seahorse when requested. All our animals are extremely healthy, active, vibrant and free of pathogenic parasites, virus's and bacteria. This translates to a longer, healthier and happier life for you and your OR's!
We do not allow the return of livestock. This is done to protect the lives of the fish and animals which have no chance of survival unless packaged properly, including the use of oxygen. This is also done to protect the strict quarantine policy at Ocean Rider
All dry goods are shipped via Fed Ex 2 day service. Approximate cost is $10.00 for 1 to 3 items.
Helping you to be a happy sea horse keeper is our goal! Ocean Rider® works very hard to provide you with unique top quality tropical farm- raised sea horses. Our "high health" animals are domesticated, healthy, free of pathogens and trained to eat frozen mysis shrimp enhanced with Vibrance. We back our product with excellent e-mail service and on line seahorse club and website information. If you follow our advice we feel that you will be thrilled with our sea horses and be rewarded with many years of relaxation and enjoyment.
We do not guarantee sex, size or color of sea horse or breeding success nor can we be held responsible for disease related problems if proper acclimation procedures are not followed, if quarantine procedures for the introduction of wild caught specimens are not followed properly either prior to or after the introduction of OR specimens, or if you follow poor advice or follow good advice poorly.
- You will receive an instantaneous electronic invoice upon submittal of your order using the secure order form which follows. This will be followed by an e-mail from Ocean Rider confirming the arrival day of your package. You will then receive an e mail 24 hours before arrival with the FedEx tracking number so that you may track your package by going to www.fedex.com.
- Ocean Rider does not allow the return of livestock. This is done to protect the lives of the fish and animals which have no chance of survival unless properly packed with oxygen. This is also done to protect the strict quarantine policy at Ocean Rider.
- All Shipping Claims To Be Made Within Seven (7) days of Receipt of Goods.
- You must be home to accept delivery! FedEx requires a signature for delivery. We can ship to your place of work or you can pick up a the fed ex center nearest you! Just let us know!
- You MUST accept delivery of your order immediately upon its arrival. If a delivery is refused for any reason, including not being home to accept delivery, late arrival or damages to the box, the customer will be held liable for the full cost of the invoice plus return freight charges.
- Ocean Rider reserves the right to ship to preferred customers only.
- There will be a $50.00 accounting charge for chargeback disputes
- Ocean Rider will not assume responsibility for shipments that are lost or delayed if improper address has been provided on form.
- Saturday delivery is not available in some locations.
- Saturday delivery charge is $15-25.00 depending on location and time of year. You may not be notified of this fee and it may be charged to your credit card the day of shipping.
LIVESTOCK REPLACEMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
The following conditions must apply in order to receive replacement specimens and/or farm livestock credit (sorry no credit card credit):
Live arrival guarantee applies for the day of arrival ONLY!!
- You must take a picture with a digital camera of the deceased seahorse in the bag showing the unopened OR bag with the clips on the bag along with the seahorse, time and date. A second photo must be taken of the seahorse when acclimation is started and finished showing the time of each.
- These photos must be emailed to ocean rider the same day as the seahorse arrives.
- Your saltwater tank must be properly cycled and your water quality must be within acceptable parameters which are: Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, pH 8.2-8.4, Specific Gravity 1.021-1.025, Temperature 70F-80F. If your tank is younger than 8 weeks we will not reship any livestock since the cause of death will be an uncyled tank.
- You must acclimate the new arrivals according to our Acclimation Procedure regardless of how the specimen appears. If the animals appear inactive, DON'T WORRY! Inactivity is temporary and is NOT a sign of death, but merely a result of chilling or depressed PH during the shipping. It is completely reversible if proper procedures are followed both during and after acclimation. See the Getting Ready page on the website.
- Do not assume that cool water in the shipment bags will injure or kill the livestock. If you experience a loss, DO NOT DISCARD THE SPECIMEN! You must return the specimen and follow these instructions in order to receive a replacement.
Specimens must be returned to qualify for reshipping. Ocean Rider does not pay for shipping on reships under any circumstance. Live arrival guarantee does not apply to red shrimp or any other livestock except seahorses. However, depending on the situation, we may reship the item as long as the client pays for shipping. No exceptions.
What to do if you loose your seahorse upon arrival:
- Notify us by e-mail immediately and send the2 pictures requested.
- Return the specimen by U.S. Mail to:
Ocean Rider, Inc. 73-4460 Queen Kaahumanu Hwy Suite #18
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 Do not ask for signature. Any packages requiring signature will be returned.
- Returns must be within 7 days of seahorse arrival.
- Returns should be placed inside 2 ziploc bags inside a paper towel.
- The animals must not show signs of mishandling or physical trauma.
- We will replace the dead specimen or give farm livestock credit if you have qualify.
- Guarantee applies to original shipment only, not replacement items.
- Shipping and box charges are not included in this guarantee. Sorry, no refunds.