Thanks for the reply, I will endeavour to get some pictures you can access.
An update on the progress, I was able to obtain some Methylene Blue which I did the 10sec dip on the 2 of the girls and also treated it in the QT tank for 2 days on top of the neo and triple sulpha. Formalin is restricted chemical here (along with most medications used for fish) and the only place I could find it was mixed with Malachite Green which I could not find any detail on it’s safety with seahorses so did not use it. I am also not a fan of formalin as it seems to drastically reduce the lifespan of animals treated with it. But if Mgreen is safe then I will add it to the bag of tricks, thank you for the confirmation.
I had a good look in the main tank an noticed the same film at the same thickness on the rear of the rocks (have man made rocks with sooth edges) so I might be just looking at too much available carbon for one of the probiotic bacteria strains added to the tank or possibly a cyno. So in reaction to this I dropped the temp in their main tank and the QT tank to 23*C and turned down the waterflow in the bio pellet reactor and turned on the chaeto reactor 24hrs t5o take up the slack. I will make up for any raise in nutes that might still occur with more water changes if I see the need.
I did not see any difference from the meds in QT after 2 days so I made up a 3% peroxide solution and gave them a dip for 10 sec and 100% water change with stronger antibiotic with one that is extremely effective on cyanobacteria (erythromycin) in the water and added to Tetracycline in their food. Overnight this seems to have had a dramatic change, I can not tell you if it was the dip in peroxide or the EM, but the thickness and amount on their bodies and head is drastically reduced this morning. I would say in the area of 60% reduction, and most of the “thickness” is gone giving it a bit of a wispy appearance. I will peroxide dip them again either tonight or tomorrow, I think it would be best to do again tonight (so 2 days in a row) but I ideally should wait another day or 2 to see if the EM is really the winner hear. Hard to do when you girls are unwell…..
My thoughts are to give the EM 7 days (100% water change daily with Fresh EM water, all water made up on day 1 for water changes with EM dosed at each water change) with a couple of dips in peroxide or maybe Mgreen. Then move the rest of the Kuda’s into QT and repeat the treatment for all of them. During that time I will low dose the main tank with EM to blow away the surface bacteria and reseed with just Eco-balance probiotic bacteria to prevent any problems taking its place.