Well, there has been a bit of a hitch in the plan of the temporary tank. I went yesterday and picked up the water and live rock from the tank the seahorses are currently in. The horses themselves looked healthy and happy from what I could tell. When I got home I filled my 20 gallon with the water and rock and then decided to test it to see where I was starting off. The Nitrite was at about 0.3 and the Nitrate was just about off the charts! I was a bit upset as you can
imagine. So I guess I have to do some water changes to get these levels down.
My question is, is it still better to put them in the small tank once I have these levels back down than in my three week old tank? I will have had to do a few water changes by then. (I haven’t picked up the seahorses yet, of course) They are obviously in this high Nitrite/Nitrate environment right now which worries me, I emailed the lady to notify her but I don’t think she’s read it yet.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have three hermits and three snails in my large tank right now that seem to be doing well. Not sure if that matters. And the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels are staying at zero for about two weeks now, since getting my live rock. Thanks!